- Ethylene/air flame
- Ethylene flow: 0.194 slm (referenced to 21°C, 1 bar)
- Coflow of air: 284 slm (referenced to 21°C, 1 bar)
- Fuel tube made of mild steel (not stainless steel)
- This produces a flame with a visible height of ~65 mm.
- Measurement position: centerline location at 42 mm height above burner.
- A shield made of mesh screen of ~ 125 mm diameter with holes for optical access is often placed around flame to improve stability.
- Some groups use a solid chimney with inner diameter matched to the inner diameter of the air co-flow with holes or windows for optical access.
Gülder burner flame